400-858-6699

NO.241 | 学会这些,秒变native speaker!

发布者:北雅国际英语 发布时间:2024-10-29 14:10

看外国电视剧或电影的时候,我们总会发现native speaker,会用一些短语或者短句去表达一些额外的意思,这些短语和短句就类似于我们中国的成语,可以比直接表达要更加生动有力,或者有内涵,今天就一起学起来,让自己秒变身native speaker吧!

How about…

当你想要提建议;或邀请别人做某事的时候 

例子: 

How about we grab a coffee later? 

我们一会去喝杯咖啡,如何? 

Would you like to/ want to grab a coffee?

I’m not sure if …

如果你不想直接拒绝别人,这样说会更加礼貌 

例子:

I’m not sure if this is correct, but we can try it. 

我不确定这是否可行,当我们可以试试看。

I’m not sure if I can come… 

我不确定我是否能来。

类似表达: 

I don’t know (if) …

At the end of the day…

说到底;到头来; 最终 (在总结对话的时候) 

例子: 

At the end of the day, knowledge is power. 

说到底,知识就是力量。

At the end of the day, he’ll still have to make his own decision. 

最终,他还得自己拿主意。

It turns out that…

表达事情的结果(出乎意料)的时候 

例子:

I thought it would rain, but it turns out that it was sunny all day. 

我以为要下雨,结果是一天都是晴天。

Everything turned out to be fine.

结果没事,都挺好。

As far as I know,…

表达自己所掌握的情况… (有时可以替换I think) 

例子: 

As far as I know, the metting is still scheduled for 3 PM. 

据我所知,会议还是在下午3点。

补充: 

As long as… 只要 

I don’t care if you study hard as long as you can pass the exam.

I’m afraid…

当你需要给出不好的消息, 或者要礼貌的拒绝别人的时候 

例子:I’m afraid (that) I can’t make it to your party tommorow.

我恐怕明天去不了你的派对了.

I’m afriad I got some bad news for you. 

有不好的消息告诉你.

It’s up to you

随便你,你看着办 

例子: 

It’s up to you, I will support whatever you decide. 

你看着办,我会支持你的所有决定.

注意:

跟陌生人说whatever(随便)不礼貌 

如在KFC,Do want you original or crispy? 

你想要原味鸡还是脆皮鸡? 

Either one is fine. 

都行.

It’s not that … but …

委婉的表达方式,避免直接否定别人 

例子: 

It not that I don’t like the idea, but we need more time to  discuss it. 

我倒不是不同你的想法,只是我们需要更多时间讨论一下.

另一种说法:

it’s not that, … it’s that…

置顶